This amazing hot-oil treatment ignites all your senses and with targeted use will have your locks feeling rejuvenated in no time. Hot-oil treatments are great for every hair type. It just requires choosing the right oils and herbs to suit your needs.
So for this hot-oil treatment I needed ingredients that would moisturize my locs, promote hair growth and treat my seborrheic dermatitis. The great thing is, these ingredients can be found in the kitchen.
Please remember topical treatments will be more effective if supported by a healthy lifestyle and eating well.
Hot-Oil Treatment (makes 20 ml)- One application
- Coconut oil (7tsp)
- Tea tree oil (1 tsp)
- Jamaican black castor oil (1 2/5 tsp)
- Rosemary (1 pinch)
- Sweet mint (1 stem)
Step 1: Place oils, rosemary and sweetmint into a pot and place heat on very low, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes to an hour. Step 2: Strain the herbs from the oil using the strainer into a measuring cup with spout. Step 3: Pour immediately into glass bottle Step 4: Wait for it to cool down then apply all over tresses focusing on the roots and tips.
- I use a little more of each oil than is necessary as the mint leaves may soak up some of the oil.
- I use coconut oil as the carrier oil to dilute the tea tree essential oil and to ensure the other oils and nutrients from the herbs get absorbed into the scalp. It is a great moisturizer that has great anti-fungal properties and mitigates against seborrheic dermatitis, and eczema.
- Castor oil adds strength to thin and weak tresses. So this was the main purpose of me using it. However, it has some drying effects on the hair in my experience. So this may be a great option for those with oily hair.
- Rosemary has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It is one of those ride or die herbs that has such great properties. It has even been found in ancient Egyptian tombs. When used in a hot oil treatment it will penetrate the scalp and give it a deep clean because of its anti-bacterial properties.
- Mint stimulates your senses, it promotes circulation, and soothes your hair follicles. Essentially promoting hair growth.
I really hope that this post proved helpful. Leave me a comment down below letting me know what you think. If you just want to leave me some positivity, click the heart ♥ down below ↓. Kindly share this post with everyone, especially someone who may need it and keep the conversation going. Thanks again for stopping by, until next time Fam, walk good.3